Denture Care | Port St. Lucie FL
Advice and Tips on Caring for Your Dentures
- Only your dental professional is qualified to diagnose your oral health and adjust your complete denture or partial denture.
- Dentures should be brushed inside and outside daily with a soft, large nylon denture tooth brush with round-ended bristles.
- Use denture creams instead of toothpastes, which are too abrasive and will scratch your denture. Rinse with cold water.
- Dentures warp if placed in hot water.
- Inspect your denture regularly for worn teeth.
- Worn and stained dentures can make you look older and cause your dentures to function poorly.
- Discuss all your current medications with your doctor and dental professional.
- Be sure to visit your dental professional regularly.
- Have loose dentures checked immediately as they can cause friction and pressure on the gum tissues and bones.
- When not in use, cover dentures with water or a denture-cleaning solution to prevent them from drying out.
- Most dental insurance policies provide coverage for new dentures every 5 years.
Do you need further information?
At Treasure Coast Dental we have a team approach to your dental needs. Our doctors customize treatment options specifically for you.We use leading edge technology and techniques to ensure our patients receive excellent, lifetime dental care.Port St. Lucie Office Appointments Map & Driving Directions